Sunday, November 6, 2011

Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura Inks New Deal With Paramount (Exclusive)

Jemal Countess/Getty Images Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura, who has been with Paramount for nearly a decade, has signed a three-year deal to remain with the studio.our editor recommendsProducer Lorenzo di Bonaventura Eyeing Options as Paramount Relationship Frays (Exclusive)'Transformers' Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura Sells Pair of Comedies to ABC (Exclusive) A top producer, di Bonaventura has been behind such Paramount projects asG.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009) andFour Brothers (2005). He was one of several producers on the summer's Transformers: Dark of the Moon, which grossed $1.11 billion worldwide, and also produced the two previous films in the franchise. In March, di Bonaventura told THR it was his "hope and belief" that he would remain with the studio, but at the time, he was said to be exploring options elsewhere due in part to tension withstudio presidentAdam Goodman. Di Bonaventura is producingG.I. Joe 2: Retaliation, which is slated for release in June, and a remake of Stephen King's Pet Sematary, among other forthcoming projects. The producer's company, Di Bonaventura Pictures, has been based at Paramount since 2002; he has been operating under a series of three-year deals with the studio. In the 1990s, di Bonaventura worked at Warner Bros., where he rose to the post ofhead of worldwide production. Earlier this year, the prolific producer branched out into TV production, partnering with Dan McDermott in June to start Di Bonaventura Pictures Television. The company has a three-year overall deal at ABC Studios. Di Bonaventura also has a handful of film projects set up at Summit Entertainment, including an adaptation of Homelanders, a young adult series that Miles Chapman will adapt. Email: Daniel.Miller@THR.com; Kim.Masters@THR.com Twitter: @DanielNMiller; @KimMasters Lorenzo di Bonaventura Paramount Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment